If you like delicious eggs, you’ll love these easy, creamy eggs with asparagus. Start your day off with right with healthy protein, vitamins, and minerals from the eggs and asparagus.
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup divided Olive Crush Natural Butter Flavored Olive Oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 500°. Alternatively, preheat a toaster oven to high.
- Line a sheet try with tin foil and toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper then place in the oven.
- Roast until asparagus is tender and beginning to brown in places, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and tent with foil.
- Break each egg into a small saucer, then heat oil over medium high heat until shimmering. Carefully add one egg to the skillet. The egg will begin to puff immediately. Cook until egg whites are set, spooning hot fat over the top, about 1 minute. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Repeat with remaining eggs.
- Divide asparagus between four plates and top each with 1 egg. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.