Sometimes the hardest part of the perfect meal is finding what will accompany your delicious entrees! Try this recipe for delicious (and healthy!) asparagus using our 18 Year Old Traditional Balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2 pounds asparagus stalks, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons 18 Year Old Traditional Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Coarse salt (to taste)
- Blanch the asparagus in lightly salted boiling water for about 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and refresh under cold water; drain well. Arrange asparagus on serving platter or individual serving plates.
- In a bowl or jar, whisk together balsamic vinegar, red onion, olive oil, garlic, and pepper.
- Spoon the vinaigrette over the asparagus, allowing a little to puddle on either side. Sprinkle lightly with coarse salt.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes