How about a healthy frozen treat using delicious kiwi and Lemon EVOO? Use your at home ice cream maker for this sweet recipe.
- 6 cups fresh, peeled, chopped ripe kiwis (semi-soft and very sweet)
- 1/4 cup agave nectar, honey or granulated sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put the peeled, chopped kiwis in the freezer 1/2 hour before pureeing them.
- Once chilled, put the kiwis in a blender along with the agave nectar/honey/granulated sugar.
- While running, add the Lemon EVOO to emulsify the mixture.
- Pour the entire mixture into the ice cream machine (if necessary, based no your ice cream maker’s instructions, chill the bowl ahead of time)
6 1/2 cups of sorbet, approximately 12 servings.
Roughly 98 calories per serving (using granulated sugar)
Product Used In This Recipe