Add a little flavor to your Thanksgiving meal (or any dinner meal) with these herb mashed potatoes with olive oil as a healthy alternative to butter or margarine. These delicious potatoes can be served with or without gravy.
Herbs and Olive Oil Mashed Potatoes
Write a review
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and cook until potatoes are fork tender (about 10 minutes).
- Drain the potatoes, reserving 1/2 a cup of the cooking liquid. Return potatoes to the pan.
- Shake the pan over medium heat for about a minute to dry the potatoes then transfer to a food mill, ricer, or bowl.
- Add the Arbosana Extra Virgin Olive Oil and reserved cooking liquid to the saucepan, and warm over medium heat.
- Once warmed, remove pan from the heat.
- Mash the potatoes through the food mill, ricer, or by hand into the pan.
- Add the Whole Spice Herbs De Provence Seasoning, and parsley and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you're looking for a more buttery flavor, try this recipe with our Natural Butter Flavored Olive Oil instead of the mild Arbosana.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/