Be prepared for your friends and family to rave about these delicious brownie cookies! Soft and chocolatey, these cookies have healthy ingredient substitutes so you can eat them guilt-free.
Olive Oil & Sea Salt Brownie Cookies
Write a review
- 1/2 cup California Mission Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup amber agave nectar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the California Mission Olive Oil and agave nectar and mix until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing in between each one.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the baking soda into the hot water and set aside.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, and salt to the egg mixture and beat until a dough forms.
- Add in the dissolved baking soda and beat until well combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop out heaping tablespoons onto your prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until edges are set.
- Let cool completely on the baking sheets then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- If you absolutely can't do this recipe with the agave nectar, add in 1 cup sugar instead. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees and keep an eye on the cookies while they bake - they may need a little more time.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/