Try these delicious Chicago-style Italian beef sandwiches with our Tuscan Herb Olive Oil.
Tuscan Herb Roasted Italian Beef Sandwiches
Write a review
3 hr 20 min
3 hr 20 min
- 5-6 lb. Boneless beef roast (sirloin, round, or chuck roast) with fat trimmed
- 12 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Alaea Hawaiian Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Tuscan Herb Olive Oil
- 2 cups beef stock or broth
- 3 Green bell peppers
- Italian bread - sliced lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut 24 slits into all sides of the roast and insert garlic halves into each slit.
- Liberally slather the roast with Tuscan Herb Olive Oil and coat with a blend of dried oregano, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Place the roast onto a rack set in a roasting pan. Roast in the center of the oven for 20 minutes, then add the beef stock to the roasting pan. Cover the roast with foil and reduce the heat to 300 degrees.
- Slow roast for an additional 3 hours covered with foil.
- Set aside the remaining roasting broth.
- Slice it into paper thin pieces.
- Serve the warm sliced meat on sturdy rolls (Italian bread) with green peppers and a drizzle of Tuscan Herb Olive Oil, dunked into the seasoned roasting broth.
- Traditional Chicago-style sandwiches call for green bell peppers, but these sandwiches are delicious with many other peppers and vegetables (pickled or fresh!)
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/