Searching for a new way to prepare an old holiday favorite? Try this Sweet Cinnamon Holiday Ham recipe with a glaze made from our delicious Cinnamon Pear Balsamic Vinegar.
Sweet Cinnamon Holiday Ham
Write a review
- 1 bone-in skinless smoked ham, shank or butt end portion, 6-8 lbs.
- 1 cup Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon or grainy mustard
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a large roasting pan with foil.
- With a sharp knife, score the fat all over the ham in a diamond pattern. Place it, cut side down, in the roasting pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, reduce the Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar to 1/2 cup by gently simmering in a medium saucepan, set over low heat. This process should be done slowly, taking approximately 25-30 minutes to complete. When the Balsamic has become thick and syrupy and is reduced by half, remove from heat. Whisk in the Dijon mustard.
- After baking for an hour, remove the ham from the oven and increase the temperature to 350ºF. Using a pastry brush, liberally apply the Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar glaze all over the ham, paying special attention to working it into the scored portions.
- Covering just the shank end with a small piece of foil to prevent it from burning, return the uncovered ham to the oven and roast for approximately 35 minutes, or until the glaze has caramelized and the ham is golden brown.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/