Cookies are an all time holiday favorite – especially shortbread cookies! These tasty shortbread cookies get their flavor from our very own Lemon Olive Oil and lemon zest.
Lemon Shortbread Cookies
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons white sugar (for decoration)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup of sugar until light and fluffy.
- Drizzle the Meyer Lemon Olive Oil until fully mixed.
- Stir in the flour salt and lemon zest until well blended. The dough will be somewhat soft.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut in rectangles 1 1/2×2 inches in size or use cookie cutters.
- Place cookies 1 inch apart on the lined cookie sheets then sprinkle the remaining sugar over the tops.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden at the edges.
- Place cookies to cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/