Decadent dark chocolate paired with the exotic flavor of the blood orange, this chocolate cake is sure to become a quick favorite.
- 5 oz. quality bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- A pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a Bundt pan, or 8 inch round baking pan.
- Melt finely chopped chocolate in a double-boiler with the Blood Orange Olive Oil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in sea salt and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each.
- Finally, mix the cocoa powder and whisk until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-23 minutes (center of oven) or until the top has formed a thin crust.
- Remove cake from oven and remove from pan, letting cool approximately 5 minutes.
- Drizzle cake with Blood Orange Oil, or dust with cocoa powder and serve with a tangerine sorbet, whipped cream, or vanialla gelato. Alternately, add a thin layer of dark chocolate frosting.