Try a new, flavorful rendition of a household favorite snack – POPCORN! This lemon, Parmesan and black pepper popcorn uses our Hojiblanca Olive Oil for cooking and as a substitute for butter.
Lemon, Parmesan and Black Pepper Popcorn
Write a review
- ⅓ to ½ cup yellow popcorn kernels (enough to cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Hojiblanca extra-virgin olive oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan in a shallow layer)
- Zest of 1 small lemon, preferably organic
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Fine grain sea salt, to taste
- Place a large serving bowl near the stove. Pour the Hojiblanca Olive Oil into a large, heavy-bottomed pan with a lid (a medium-sized Dutch oven is perfect for this).
- Turn the heat up to medium-low, add 2 kernels of corn, and cover.
- Once the kernels pop, remove the pan from heat and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels. Cover the pot and shake lightly to distribute the kernels evenly.
- Let the kernels warm for one minute.
- Cook over medium-low heat, shaking the pot occasionally.
- Once the kernels start popping like crazy, crack the lid so the popcorn stays crisp.
- Cook until the popping sound slows to about one pop per every few seconds.
- Remove the pan from heat and dump the popcorn into the bowl.
- Use a Microplane or other small grater to grate some lemon zest and Parmesan over the bowl of popcorn, to taste.
- Add pepper and salt to taste. Drizzle Hojiblanca extra-virgin olive oil over the top and shake to distribute among popcorn.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/