Fall is here and pumpkin fever is just beginning! If you’re looking for a tasty, autumn-appropriate treat, try these wonderful pumpkin bars using our Arbequina Olive Oil.
Olive Oil Pumpkin Bars
This pumpkin bar recipe uses olive oil as a healthier alternative to vegetable oils. Top this sweet and spicy cake with a cream cheese frosting and roasted walnuts!
Write a review
For the Bars
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can (15oz) pure pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
For the Topping
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup walnuts pieces (optional)
- 2 tbsp. Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil (with walnuts)
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar (with walnuts)
- dash of ground cinnamon (with walnuts)
- dash of salt (with walnuts)
Directions For The Bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs together with the sugar, Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and pumpkin until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly mix-in the dry ingredients with the pumpkin mixture until all ingredients are incorporated then pour the batter into an ungreased 15 x 10 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bars comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
Directions For The Topping
- If you're not using walnuts skip to the third step. Combine the walnuts, Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl and stir until the walnuts are well coated.
- Spread walnuts evenly on a baking sheet and bake at 325°F for about 10 minutes, or until just lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mix together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar and spread on top of the cooled bars. Sprinkling walnuts on top to finish.
The Olive Crush https://www.theolivecrush.com/